Saturday 16 November 2013

Striping Tape Mani with OPI Mod About You, China Glaze For Audrey and Essie Tart Deco



I didn't really have a plan for this mani. I went through my collection of polishes trying to find something I hadn't used before for a base colour. I chose OPI- Mod about you- a cool toned pastel pink.

I actually found the formula a bit thick. I used a Revitanail nail strengthener as my base instead of my usual Orly bonder, so they may be why- it was going on very streaky. 



Anyway after painting them pink I was a little lost as to what other polishes would go with the pink. I decided to play it safe and chose a light turquoise and a coral peach- I find these 2 colours always look nice together (I used China Glaze For Audrey and Essie Tart Deco).
I also used some Essie 'good as gold' to add some metallic interest :)



 For the stripy design I used randomly spaced striping tape (available on ebay) diagonally across my nails. I then painted small lines (using a small paintbrush) perpendicular to the striping tape in my chosen polishes. 

 
I am not in love with these nails, but still pretty happy with them- what do you think?


Thanks for reading

Chanfie 
xx


4 comments:

  1. Hi Chanfie! I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award! Please check: http://www.magnifique-nails.com/2013/11/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read every single one from both new and old posts, and will do my best to respond to any questions you may have in a timely fashion :)