Thursday 12 September 2013

Tribal Print Nails Inspired by Wondrously Polished

About a week ago Lindsey from Wondrously Polished did an absolutely stunning Navajo tribe inspired manicure (link). If you haven't ever visited her blog I highly recommend having a look. She is very creative and is always coming up with beautiful and unique designs. 
Anyway, after repetitively visiting her blog to see it again and again I decided I wanted to try a similar manicure.

In the past I have shied away from hand painted manicures, fearing that it would look like a blobby mess, but once I found the right brush (a striping brush on the shorter side) it wasn't as hard as I thought to create crisp lines and designs. I put striping tape horizontally across my nails in lines to make sure I kept the designs parallel and this also helped.

I really enjoyed free handing. It was really fun and relaxing just painting whatever came to mind. I think I'll be doing a bit more free hand nail art from now on.

Here is my right hand- I think this hand turned out better which is weird having been painted by my non dominant hand! The thumb nail looks a bit weird and lumpy though as it broke and I had to patch it up with a tea bag and nail glue. 


The polishes are used were:
Background white/grey: OPI my boyfriend scales walls
Bright Orange: OPI atomic orange
Dark turquoise/blue: China Glaze Shower together
Lighter turquoise: OPI Fly



Thanks for visiting :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I read every single one from both new and old posts, and will do my best to respond to any questions you may have in a timely fashion :)