Friday 16 August 2013

Stamping With Cheeky 2013 Jumbo Collection Happy plate :)

Today's manicure was a quicky, but I'm really happy with how it looks. The colours go nicely together, and I really love the flowers I used. They are stamped from a new acquisition of mine, a jumbo stamping plate which is part of the new Cheeky 2013 jumbo plate collection, specifically, the plate named "happy". 

I've read a couple of bad reviews about this collection- apparently some of the designs aren't etched deep enough. I haven't run into this problem yet, and neither has a friend of mine who also ordered 2 plates from the collection. Although collectively we have probably only used about 10 different designs. 

Personally, my only gripe with the collection is the size of the images. It's the opposite problem to many stamping plate collections..... they are too big! Sure, they always fit on your nails.. but I wish they had scaled the actual patterns down (keeping the large size overall) as many of  the designs are a bit too big and chunky, with half the design going on your cuticles. There is plenty of patterns and pretty designs to keep me happy though, like these big, beautifully detailed flowers :)


The polishes I used were:
Blue : OPI Dating a Royal
Peach: Essie A Crewed Interest
Blue stamp: Konad stamping dark blue.




Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I love love LOVE this picture. I have never seen nail stamping before and your whole blog has inspired me. I have ordered ALOT of stuff so far....addicted big time. I have been trying to get on the cheeky site as I NEED that nail stamp. It is by far my favourite that I have found yet. Alas the site has been down all week :( Keep up the great work. I am loving it. Thinking about introducing nail stamping into my town as I have not seen it in this part of Australia yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I read every single one from both new and old posts, and will do my best to respond to any questions you may have in a timely fashion :)